Milo (Adopted Aug 2011) and Lucy (Adopted Jan 2014)

Adoption success stories.
EmmaSchickert

Milo (Adopted Aug 2011) and Lucy (Adopted Jan 2014)

Post by EmmaSchickert »

I adopted both of my furbabies from JR's, and both dogs are the loves of my life.

On August 3, 2011, I adopted Milo (formerly Bolow on the website). Milo is the sweetest, kindest, best dog in the world. He is always happy, loves all people, is great with kids, and thinks that his 65 pounds can be made into a lap dog at all times. He is not content unless he is touching a human. Don't even think of going to sleep without Milo laying his head somewhere on your body. He also has a knack for knowing exactly when I am sad and will bring me his toys and climb into my lap to cheer me up. He also knows the word "kiss" and is more than happy to give any person/animal he meets plenty of kisses. He made my life complete.

In early 2014, I decided Milo needed a buddy--in particular, a sister. On January 28, 2014, I adopted Lucy (formerly known as Martha). Lucy was a puppy and exactly the ball of energy Milo needed. The two immediately became best friends and have been inseparable ever since. In fact, Lucy and her brother George both met Milo for a meet and greet, and there was no doubt Lucy was the dog for Milo--and me. She is always so happy, loves going on walks and exploring. She is my little swimmer and always wanted to be in the pool with me. She is a cuddler and loves snuggling with you under blankets, but her absolute favorite things are pillows. If there is a pillow anywhere, Lucy will be laying her little head on it. She is the sweetest dog and seeing her and Milo together absolutely melts my heart everyday.

They have brought more joy and love into my life than I ever imagined possible. Thank you to their foster moms for taking such good care of my babies until I found them, and thank you to JR's for rescuing my pups, who turned around and rescued me.
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (44.28 KiB) Viewed 13262 times